Those interested in registering for QM workshops should contact me for more information. Minnesota Online will be subsidizing the cost of APPQMR workshops that are offered through MOQI (Minnesota Online Quality Initiative) – this brings the cost of a seat in an online or face-to-face training to $55 for this workshop. MnOnline will also be subsidizing a limited number of seats for Peer Reviewer and Master Reviewer training which will reduce the cost for that training by 50%.
Over the past year (2011-2012) a small group of faculty have been working to identify goals and strategies for implementing Quality Matters into the college faculty community and we’ve made progress! Here’s a summary of the activity for the past year:
- Seventeen faculty members attended an all-day Applying the Quality Matters Rubric APPQMR workshop on December 1, 2011.
- Several other faculty participated individually in various online APPQMR workshop offerings throughout spring and summer semesters in 2012.
- Several faculty went on to complete the Peer Reviewer course and have become Certified Peer Reviewers. Northland currently has 10 certified peer reviewers.
- Some of the Peer Reviewers from Northland have participated in formal course reviews for other colleges from across the United States.
- One faculty member has earned Master Reviewer certification and now chairs review teams for Quality Matters.
- Faculty are beginning to submit courses into a formal QM course review process. Courses that meet the QM Standards are recognized by QM on their national database of courses and receive a seal for the faculty member to display in their course. Northland’s QM Recognized Courses