Over the past year (2011-2012) a small group of faculty have been working to identify goals and strategies for implementing Quality Matters into the college faculty community and we’ve made progress! Here’s a summary of the activity for the past year:
- Seventeen faculty members attended an all-day Applying the Quality Matters Rubric APPQMR workshop on December 1, 2011.
- Several other faculty participated individually in various online APPQMR workshop offerings throughout spring and summer semesters in 2012.
- Several faculty went on to complete the Peer Reviewer course and have become Certified Peer Reviewers. Northland currently has 10 certified peer reviewers.
- Some of the Peer Reviewers from Northland have participated in formal course reviews for other colleges from across the United States.
- One faculty member has earned Master Reviewer certification and now chairs review teams for Quality Matters.
- Faculty are beginning to submit courses into a formal QM course review process. Courses that meet the QM Standards are recognized by QM on their national database of courses and receive a seal for the faculty member to display in their course. Northland’s QM Recognized Courses
This site is the new home for news about Quality Matters at Northland.